TARTINE'S LEMON CREAM TART
Recipe from Tartine Bakery's Cookbook
- Pie crust (you can follow the recipe in the link above, but I just used a store bought graham cracker crust and it was great)
- 1/2 cup plus + 2 Tbsp freshly squeezed/strained lemon juice
- 3 large eggs and 1 yolk, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- a pinch of salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, cold
- 1 pint fresh berries (I used raspberries, blackberries would be lovely too)
- Sprinkle of confectioners' sugar
Strain the mixture through a fine mesh sieve. If you plan to use an immersion blender to blend in the butter, then strain into a large bowl. I have a standing blender, so I strained it directly into the blender pitcher.
Cut up your butter into 1 Tbsp pieces. Ya this tart has a crap ton of butter in it...
Pour into your pie crust. Decorate with berries and let set in fridge for a couple of hours.
Sprinkle with powdered sugar when ready to serve.
I say this rarely but it was worth the butter load...